Online Company Store as the Smart Solution
An online company store provides employees a convenient way to order company branded apparel at their leisure through the use of a simple online platform. You may want to know the 8 Key Benefits of Building Your Online Company Store.
The direct transaction made between employees and distributor, through this system, efficiently eliminates the need for employers to play middle man between the branded product provider and the
For your business not to be left behind in this technology age, you have to be willing to invest in an online company stores to streamline internal ordering processes and spark employee engagement.
But you may wonder what exactly an online company apparel store might look like, how it operates, how employers can benefit from it and how employees will use it.
The Basics of the Online Company Store for Apparel
Online company stores are essentially a one-stop-shop for employees, serving as a marketplace of branded promotional products that employees can purchase. The Online Company store is run by third-party operators (in this instance, Greco Promotions), giving you utmost convenience by taking the
logistics of the platform out of your hands.
An account representative will just coordinate with you on how you want to design the store, choose the inventory, and direct your employees to the site.
But what will drive employees to purchase promotional apparel with their own employer’s logo?
Some of the common reasons include:
- Clothing for uniforms
- Choices in an incentive program that employees can redeem with earned points
- Clothing to wear at conferences, trade shows or other promotional events
- Giveaways for current or prospective clients
- Holiday gifts ideas for their colleagues
Anytime an employee needs a clothing item or collection of clothing items, they can simply log on to the company store and order some. Every purchase guarantees consistent branding no matter what department or where the location of the employee is.
Below are common scenarios when an online company store apparel can be utilized:
- When an HR Professional at a 300-person tech company is responsible for outfitting new hires with polos and dress shirts branded with their logo. She actually could handle this herself, but it would take her away from doing the parts of her job she enjoys more.
- When a Fast-food Company needs to get shirts and aprons for all of their people at each of their 12 locations, and they need to get them all shipped in the same one-week window and want to
make sure that embroidery is consistent across the boar.
- When a Marketing Director might need to order hundreds of custom t-shirts as give away to a grand promotional event.
- When a manager is attending a conference, and needs a polo shirt with the corporate logo to represent their company.
- When an employee might simply want a hooded jacket to feel proud that they are part of a top company in the industry.
But, what kinds of clothing options will you have at your disposal? Here are some examples of the top apparel selections:
- Polo Shirts
- Button Down Shirts
- Athletic Wear
Online Company Stores for apparel work just like any e-commerce website namely Amazon, Alibaba or literally any other online store where you usually search and shop for products. You may also wonder how will be the payment process when your employees purchase items with this system.
Again, as with any other standard e-commerce website, an employee’s credit card will be the most common form of payment. But, there are essentially other options to choose from and these include one’s budget, organizational accounts, paycheck deductions and point redemption.Thus, the primary purpose of an online company store is to really ease the processing of orders by providing pre-approved items that can be purchased in just a few clicks.
Benefits of an Online Store to Companies
An online company store for apparel enables your employees to find what they precisely need in a single web-based location. No HR looking for a uniform for new hires or marketing head looking for giveaway items has to go out on their own to find and design something. And because you will have to approve every item on the online company store, instances of incorrect branding or inconsistency of designs getting on a shirt or jacket will be prevented, which ultimately reduces costs.
LABOR AND TIME SAVING
As discussed earlier, a successful managed apparel program comes with a very tedious process. But by employing a third-party provider who will operate the Online Company Store to cater your apparel program needs, all the work is done for you- hassle free. You also have already taken out the burden of acquiring an e-commerce knowledge to set up your online store.
The third-party provider builds and manages your online store, develops apparel and promotional products, processes orders/returns, stores and ships the products all in house just for you. Thus, you have the luxury of time to focus on the crucial aspects of your business, and you no longer have to hire extra staff or exhaust your current officers to do the task.